Introduction to Data Science
About Our Introduction to Data Science Certification Programme
This course is designed to introduce learners to the foundational skills needed for a career in data science or for further advanced learning in the field. The course covers topics such as what data science is, the applicability of data science across fields, and how data analysis can help make data-driven decisions.
The course covers concepts like statistical analysis and relational databases, and learners will become familiar with various open source tools and technologies used by data scientists, such as Jupyter Notebooks, GitHub, and SQL.
The course includes hands-on labs and projects to help learners gain a practical understanding of the methodology involved in tackling data science problems and apply their skills and knowledge to real-world datasets.
Who is this for?
Students, Freshers, Data enthusiasts, Engineers, Professionals, Domain Experts, Software & IT Professionals
Prerequisites and Eligibility
You do not need to have any particular educational background or stage of study in order to take the course. The course are appropriate for beginners and advanced students, regardless of their level of coding experience or their prior experience with AI, Machine Learning, or Data Science courses.
However, prior to enrolling in this short-term course, you must complete the prerequisite courses (mentioned-above). By doing so, you will be able to grasp the concepts starting from the basics leading you to move up to the advanced levels without any complexities.
- Data science and machine learning , their applications & use cases, and various types of tasks performed by data scientists
- Develop the mindset to work like a data scientist, and follow a methodology to tackle different types of data science problems
- Acquire data through web-scraping and data APIs.
- Transform and clean messy datasets.
- Apply exploratory tools such as clustering and visualization tools to analyze data.
- Use of methods such as logistic regression, nearest neighbors, decision trees, support vector machines, and neural networks to build a classifier.
- Evaluate outcomes and make decisions based on data.
- Effectively communicate results.
- Earn a Joint Certificate of Completion from Punjabi University and Sabudh Foundation for each course taken.
GAIN FUTURE ORIENTED SKIILS FOR IMMENSE CAREER GROWTH
- Our curriculum, learning content, and projects are designed and created by Punjabi University, Patiala and Sabudh Foundation faculty in coordination with leading Industry experts to develop job-ready skills.
CHOOSE YOUR LEARNING SPACE
- PUCEIT offers both on-site classes at its' campus in Mohali and online courses so that you can choose the learning environment that works best for your needs.
OPPORTUNITY TO PRACTICE REAL-WORLD PROBLEMS
- You'll get hands-on experience by working on real-world problems and application of the latest emerging technological tool to take a step towards your professional growth.
LEARN TOP SKILLS BY INDUSTRY EXPERTS
- Learn from India’s leading Tech faculty and industry experts.
Dr. Sarabjot Singh Anand is a Data Geek. He has been involved in the field of Machine Learning since the early 1990s and has derived immense pleasure in developing algorithms, applying them to real-world problems and training a host of data analysts in the capacity of being an academic and data analytics consultant.
He is an expert in the areas of spatial data analysis and knowledge discovery in large complex databases. In particular, his the areas of expertise comprises geographical analysis, text analysis, Machine learning, social network analysis, and data visualization. He worked as Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer Science & Engineering with a Prestigious Institute of North Region, Guru Nanak Dev Engineering College, Ludhiana, Punjab. He is actively involved in the usability and application of technology to solve social issues of Punjab.
Mr. Sundeep Narwani has worked extensively with tech startups and policy think tanks across America, Europe and Asia for over two decades. He has also consulted non profits and social research projects focussing on urban poverty.
He started his career as a mechatronics engineer before launching an education non-profit. In 2015 he joined the Delhi’s government Delhi Dialogue Commission (DDC) as a task force facilitator working with grassroots level organisations to bridge the gap between government and civil society.
Sundeep has been a consultant to human rights and labor rights organizations like the Human Rights Law Network and Working Peoples’ Charter & Lawyers Collective and a visiting faculty on digital media and legal data journalism.
Professor Arvind is a well-known theoretical Quantum Physicist with a strong interest in Science Education, Science Communication, and Developing Science Pedagogy in Punjabi. He has an impressive academic background and has held various administrative positions at IISER Mohali. His research interests encompass quantum information theory and foundations of quantum mechanics and has established a large research group in this field. Additionally, Professor Arvind is dedicated to improving science education in schools and universities, advocating for the integration of pure sciences with social sciences and linking science with society. He emphasizes the need for decentralization of education and curriculum. He also highlights the importance of bringing science education to the common people and has been vocal about educational policies and their relation to public welfare. Professor Arvind is actively involved in engaging with government schools and addressing issues such as student-teacher ratio, pedagogical innovations, problems in recognition of merit and tapping talent.
Design Thinker with more than 15 years of industrial experience in IoT, Embedded System Design, Radio Control and Machine Learning. Currently working as Associate Director at ODA and engaged in development of Drones and Radio control systems. His expertise include multi axis stabilization system, long range telemetry and autonomous flight control system. He Has presented couple of research papers on “NeuroFuzzy Adaptive Control System” in conjunction with National Physical Laboratory(New Delhi). And assisted in research work for special purpose machines deployed at IIT’s (Indian Institute of Technology) and NIT’s (National Institute of Technology).
He carries a passion for Water conservation, Agriculture, Energy optimization and believes in using technology for greater good.
He’s also the curator of IoT Coach, an open-source training kit to prepare oneself for the field of IoT and smart devices.
Mr. Lahiri is an Electrical Engineering graduate from IIT Roorkee and he is a Certified Six Sigma Black Belt as well as Certified Scrum Master. He has worked extensively in all spheres of Learning and has hands-on experience in designing and managing the entire learning life cycle in K-12, Higher Education, TVET, and Corporate Learning segments. He is an expert in the design and implementation of ICT-enabled learning architecture. He is well connected with the learning ecosystem in India and internationally.
Anirban Chakraborti is a Professor at the School of Computational and Integrative Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi. Earlier, he had worked as an Associate Professor at the Chair of Quantitative Finance, École Centrale Paris, France, and as a Lecturer in Theoretical Physics, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi. He obtained a Ph.D. in Physics from Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics, India and later completed the Habilitation (HDR) in Physics from Université Pierre et Marie Curie (Paris VI), France. He has more than two decades of experience as a scientist, working in many reputed universities and research institutions in India, Europe, Japan, and USA. He was awarded the prestigious Young Scientist Medal of the Indian National Science Academy in 2009.
IOT Developer at Sabudh Foundation
Mr. Sonu holds a B.Tech degree in Electronics and Communication Engineering. His passion lies in hardware design, including PCB designing, 3D designing, and creating IoT-enabled devices.
As an IoT developer, Mr. Sonu has experience in designing IoT architectures, selecting sensors and actuators, and establishing connectivity through communication protocols. He is skilled in programming microcontrollers and developing firmware for efficient device control.
He is specialized in PCB designing, creating layouts and connections for electronic components to ensure functionality and reliability. Additionally, his expertise in 3D designing allows him to visualize and prototype IoT devices before manufacturing, enhancing their integration into various environments.
Mr. Sonu is driven by the opportunity to make everyday objects IoT-enabled, and he is excited about the potential of the Internet of Things. With his hardware knowledge and IoT skills, he is aiming to create intelligent systems that improve efficiency and connectivity.
Mr. Ravi holds a B.Tech. degree in Computer Science & Engineering. He has a passion for teaching. He has extensive experience in the field of programming and data science. With a solid background in C, C++, and Python, along with expertise in Data Structures, Machine Learning, OpenCV, and IoT, Mr. Ravi has been shaping the knowledge and skills of students and professionals alike.
With over four years of teaching experience, Mr. Ravi is consistently demonstrating his ability to effectively convey complex programming concepts in a clear and engaging manner. He has a talent for breaking down complex topics into understandable components and providing real-world examples to enhance comprehension.
Ms. Kamaljeet is B.Tech in Computer Science and M.Tech in IT. She has 8 years of experience in Banking sector, where she worked as Deputy Manager with e-bank, Bank of Punjab Ltd and Handled IT( DBA , MIS, In-house Software Development, Trouble-shooting, Networking ) and
In her teaching career of 17+ years, she has experience of educating M.Tech, MCA, MBA, B.Tech, BCA, BSc(AI&DS), BSc(CSM) and FYIP students. Ms. Kamaljeet has 11 research articles and papers in journals and conferences.
Associate Professor at Punjabi University, Patiala
Dr. Bhatia is also acting as Coordinator (Computer Science) at Punjabi University Centre for Emerging and Innovative Technology, Mohali. She pursued her B.Tech (CS) from Punjabi University, Patiala and M.E (CSE) from Thapar University, Patiala. She did her doctorate from Punjabi university, Patiala and her areas of interest are Information Security, Data Mining, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Deep Learning. Dr. Bhatia has more than 25 years of experience in teaching and has more than 65 research publications in International Journals and conferences. She is a life member of Computer Society of India.
Assistant Professor at Punjabi University, Patiala
Ms. Amardeep is B.E., M.E. in Computer Science and Engineering. Throughout her teaching career of 17+ years, she has guided 29 MTech. thesis. She is actively engaged in research and has published 28 papers in international journals till date.
Ms. Kaur holds a B.Tech degree in Electronic and Communication from Panjab University, Chandigarh. With over 2.5 years of experience, she has worked in backend development and IoT. She is actively engaged in mentoring students at Sabudh Foundation in the field of IoT and Data Science.
Dr. Supreet Kaur
Assistant Professor at Punjabi University, Patiala
Dr. Supreet is B-tech, M-tech & Ph.D in Computer science & engineering. She has 22 years of teaching experience in institutes like PEC (Chandigarh), CCET (Chandigarh), BBSBEC (Punjab), Punjabi University (Patiala).
Throughout her teaching career she has guided 20+ M-tech dessertations, 3+ Ph.D. students. She has 28 research publications in SCI/ESCI and UGC listed journals including a book chapter in Springer. Dr. Supreet is the recipient of recognition in the CCET, Chandigarh for her exceptional achievement in developing a software for result processing using C sharp.
Ms. Rusil has extensive experience in diverse sectors like Speech Processing, Time Series Analysis, Natural Language Processing, Audio Processing, Crypto Data Analysis, and Forecasting. She is serving as a mentor at Sabudh Foundation and educating the graduates in the field of ML and AI.
Ms. Rushil is a certified Dataiku expert and trainer, this proficiency enables her to leverage Datiaku’s capabilities effectively for data analysis and modeling.
She is a gold medalist in post-graduate diploma degree in Cybercrime. She also holds a certification as an Information Security Expert, which encompasses technologies like Burpsuite, Nmap, and Metasploitable.
Ms. Rushil has also experince of teaching AI and ML in schools as well as through an Ed-Tech platform.
With a Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science and Engineering, Mr. Goel has expertise in geospatial data science, time series analysis, event forecasting, EEG analysis, and speech transcription for regional languages.
He is serving as a mentor at Sabudh Foundation for the past two years where he imparts knowledge in Python programming, statistics, and probability, ML, and the practical application of these concepts through the building of live AI projects.
Total course fees:
₹ 2000(Incl. GST)
Privacy and personal data
What is collected?
How is this information used?
How long is my data stored?
NO REFUND POLICY
Enrollment and Batch Size:
Communication and Updates:
Term & Conditions
- I hereby declare that the information provided by me in the Application Form is complete and true to the best of my knowledge, belief, and information.
- I hereby undertake to present the original documents for verification immediately upon demand by the concerned authorities of the PUCEIT.
- I hereby promise to abide by the rules and regulations concerning admission, attendance, discipline etc. and other relevant applicable policies of PUCEIT and follow the Code of Conduct prescribed for the Students of PUCEIT as in force from time to time and subsequent changes/modifications/amendment made thereto. I acknowledge that the PUCEIT has the authority to take punitive actions against me for violation or non-compliance of the same.
- I hereby declare that I will neither join in any agitation/strike for the purpose of forcing the authorities of the PUCEIT to resolve any problem, nor I will participate in any activity which has a tendency to disturb the peace and tranquility of the academic environment.
- I hereby declare that I will not indulge in nor tolerate ragging in any form, even in words or intentions, and I accept to give an undertaking in the prescribed format for the same.
- I hereby declare that I shall be solely responsible for my involvement in any kind of unlawful activities whether inside or outside the campus and shall be liable for punishment as per the law of the land. I further understand that the Institute shall in no way provide any support to me and will not be held responsible for my any such action.
- I further declare that my admission may be cancelled, at any stage, if I am found ineligible and/or the information provided by me is found to be incorrect.
- I hereby undertake to inform the PUCEIT about any changes in information submitted by me in the Application Form and any other documents, including change in addresses and phone nos., from time to time.